Journey to Su Xue Wei

Monday, November 20, 2006

Guangzhou day 3

Today started way too early for all of us. Now that the kids are adjusted to the time difference we are finding it hard to get them settled down at night all being in the same room. It was after 10pm before the little ones were asleep, I soon followed but ended up sick most of the night. Another stomach upset of some sort. I think I am just sensitive to whatever is in the water here. I really dont want to know what it is. Anyway, with how miserable I felt all night I thought today I would not be up to doing much, but after some breakfast, and various medications I was feeling alright. At 9am we headed to have all of the childrens visa photos taken, then to the medical clinic. Megan did not need a physical, as this was done the week before we arrived in Shanghai, but she did need three immunization boosters, since she is older. Poor kid must feel like a pin cushion this week. She took it all in stride, and headed back to the hotel. I needed to meet with our guide and one parent from all of the families to complete the paperwork for the American Consulate to apply for her visa and to classify her as an immediate relative which will allow her to become an automatic citizen upon our arrival in Chicago.
After lunch I was on a mission to take her to two shops, one that was selling down winter jackets for very cheap, another had some two piece jogging type outfits. We bought a couple of pairs of jeans for her in Shanghai, but they are all way too long. Just need something to get us by until we get home. We never made it to the jacket shop, after 45 minutes in the clothing store she was done. We purchased a 2 piece outfit, the saleslady said we got another piece for free, she just couldnt decide. She is not a shopper I think. Maybe this will change, she certainly is not used to shopping.
We stopped in a shop that we ordered granite etchings of the kids from and they were working on ours. The kids got a kick out of watching them work on it. Kellan, Patrick and Megan headed up to the room, and Jim and I with Katie asleep in the stroller enjoyed some time poking around in the shops by ourselves. Got a beautiful traditional dress for Katie which she insisted on wearing to dinner- now needs cleaning. But she loved it-
Went to the Cow and Bridge for dinner for all of you out there that have been here. Great Thai restaurant with some exotic entrees, all delicious. Jim's dinner came in a pineapple, Megan's came in a coconut. Kellan ordered a crab- the whole crab, which came with plastic gloves and a tool to pry it open with. On the walk home a little boy about Katie's age came up to her and gave her a flower he had picked, I grabbed the camera, she proceeded to sit right next to him and put her arm around him. Too cute!
So here we are, it is 10pm, Grace, Kellan, Patrick and Jim are all sound asleep in the next room. Katie, our energizer bunny is wide awake showing no sign of being tired. Megan is telling me she is not tired either. I am exhausted. So I am off to try and get them to think about sleeping!
Tomorrow we visit the pearl and DVD market!
For pictures from today- visit here!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Cammie said…

    Hey,

    Our computer has been down for a few days, so I just got caught up on all your travel updates. What a journey so far!

    Hope you're feeling better, and glad Megan is doing better. Pictures of Guangzhou bring back such good memories, and almost makes me "home sick" to go back.

    Like Kristen said, "Love all the smiles!" Have fun at the pearl & DVD market.
    Love Ya! Cammie & Brett

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Cammie said…

    Our computer has been down for a couple days, so I was finally able to get caught up on all your updates. What an amazing journey so far.

    Sure hope you're feeling better, and so glad Megan is feeling better.

    All the pictures of Guangzhou makes me "home sick" and wish I was there with you.

    Like Kristen said, "Love all the smiles". Take care, and have a great time with the couple of days you have left.
    Love Ya!
    Cammie & Brett

     

Post a Comment

<< Home